Monday, June 30, 2008

The Sweetest Little Face

It's tough to resist this face when Daphne peers up, longing for attention - a pat, touch, belly rub...anything that we are willing to dole out. Let's not forget the hand bounce either - if for a moment the patting, scratching or rubbing stops then she sticks her head under your hand, elbow or whatever and flips it up so that you will resume the petting. She is quite the little attention hound.

She's got the market cornered on the sweet face...as you can see here. I admittedly lose patience far more quickly than David does when it comes to continuously petting her, but then she gives me this sweet little face with the soulful eyes and I wonder to myself, 'how can I say no to that?' It is really pretty shameless the way that she lays it on, but is still rather endearing nonetheless.

I have to admit to having some days where I feel like Daphne - I could really use a few extra words of encouragement or validation. It isn't something that I profess to particularly proud of, but it is a fact. Perhaps I can work on my soulful eyes routine and see what I can drum up for myself; who doesn't want a little extra pat every now and again? Unless of course it starts to just get annoying...then it's time to rethink the strategy!!

No comments: