Saturday, January 10, 2009

Someone is out of Control

Pinkberry celebrated it's 4-year anniversary today. We had a little party down at the original store, located in this crazy location in West Hollywood. I invited Holly, who then invitied Rachel and Karina to come along with us for some yogurt and of course, entertaining times.

As we navigated through traffic to get to the store, I told the girls the rather interesting story of how Pinkberry came to be and how quickly it has grown. Naturally, being young, ambitious girls themselves, they were impressed with Shelly (one of the co-founders) and her drive to get a successful business going.

When we showed up to the store, the party was in full swing. The girls got some yogurt, checked out the scene and enjoyed watching everyone come and go. I then started to parade them in front of a variety of my co-workers for introductions, because I am a Mom and that is what I do. At some point in time, Shelly came out and I introduced her to the girls, all of whom rather enjoyed her enthusiastic and energetic style. At some point in time I said, "Look at you Shelly, you are a celebrity", to which she said, "Yes, you should take my picture."

It is not as if I need a lot of encouragement to take a picture. Before anyone knew what happened, I had my Blackberry out, posed the somewhat startled girls and snapped the photo. Shelly really does have a celebrity quality to her pose, don't you think? Holly could not decide if she was mortified or entertained by what had just happened, but she wasn't really surprised.

I heard Holly say to Rachel and Karina as they laughed and tried to figure out how I got them to take a picture so quickly, "Someone is out of control."

Someone is indeed...enjoy your memories my child!

No comments: