Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Office

As a fan of the TV show The Office, I was pretty excited to have the opportunity to do a catering event on set last week for the cast and crew as they kicked off their season by filming a webisode and treating the group to some chilly bliss...a perfect treat given the 95 degree heat in the Valley.

I have had the opportunity to see my fair share of celebs and notables during the course of my career between working at Universal for 7 years and just being based in Southern California. I was a bit surprised at my excitement around the prospect of seeing some of the cast for The Office, but given how the off-beat humor of that show makes me laugh, it makes sense.

It is funny to see the exterior shot of Scranton Business Park right in the middle of the San Fernando Valley, but sure enough, there it is! The set for filming is right next door, so we rolled through the guard at the gate, set up our table and chillers, and set about to the business of sharing the swirly goodness!

Everyone there was incredibly nice and gracious AND rather happy to enjoy a cup (or two!) of tart frozen yogurt. The Office declared their love for PB and Brenna and I (on behalf of PB) declared our love for The Office!

My grand plan is to get a weekly gig there and THEN maneuver my way on for the small screen debut, can't you just see it??

2 comments:

Ebe said...

You'd be the coolest person ever if you could swing a guest shot! Great show - and as absurd as it is - so true to life!

Fun times with Barb and Joan said...

Joan is going to be very very jealous. I would really like to see and hear you on that set. Perfect fit!