Sunday, August 16, 2009

Red Sky at Night

There is a fire burning up north and while it is (thankfully) not putting any homes at risk, it is burning its fair share of brush. The result for those of us south is a spectacular sunset show each night.

I noticed how orange the sun was yesterday as Holly and I were returning from the movies (500 Days of Summer, an entertaining and somewhat different approach to telling a story and one that doesn't take the easy-out ending route either), so as soon as we were in the house I grabbed my camera and trotted out to the back yard to see if I could catch the orange glow before it dipped too low on the horizon.

I caught most of it and certainly plenty of the glow that went along with it, pretty cool in my book!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

very cool! and nicely framed with the leaves.