Saturday, August 1, 2009

One Milkshake

I have had the LA/Celebrity phenom, "Millions of Milkshakes" on my list of cool places to visit for the past 6 months or so. Super trendy, popular AND featuring a favorite treat of mine, ice cream, it seemed like something that I needed to be able to say that I have done, especially given how close it is located to my office.

Eric and I took some out-of-towners over to check out the hype last Monday. Reading the description on the website, I was expecting a super cool, club-like atmosphere. We rolled up at about 9:30 pm and there was a line out the door, we later learned that it was due more to under-staffing than anything else, but at first glance, the hype was justified.

Once we got into the slow-crawling line and started looking around, I have to admit that much of the luster was lost for me. It was very similar to the visit that I made years ago to participate in a taping of "The Price is Right", disappointment to see the decor is rather cheesy with Styrofoam and paint and not much else.

While the decor and service were not what I was hoping for, the milkshake was really what I had come for. I modified one of the celebrity shakes (the Beckham) by adding cookie dough. Eric agreed that sounded good so we ordered two of them together. I watched the kid behind the counter make what looked like one shake, then when the guy pouring the shakes got to ours, he gave it back to the first kid and told him that it was supposed to be two. All they did was add more frozen yogurt, no toppings and then hand it over. Predictably, it was a little bland and not really what we were expecting.

As we walked back to the car, Eric summed it up best: we can say that we have been, but we certainly do not need to worry about ever going back again!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

I went to their website and it looks like a lot of the shakes are topped with the Cadbury Flake... mmmm... brings back fond England memories!