Saturday, October 27, 2012

Flora

Ah, the joys of a great subject and capable camera
It may not be known to all that I made an investment in a fancier camera before I left on my pilgrimage to Turkey, Greece & Rome.  It intimidated the heck out of me before I left for the trip, but thanks to some good tutorials from Craig and the subsequent trial and error use of the camera, I have quickly come to appreciate the benefits and joys of using a larger, more complicated camera.

The flowers you see here, for example.  My old camera would not have been able to capture as much detail and color without potentially blurring everything.  In fact, this is but one of at least 6 or 7 pictures that I took on a walk up the Coit Tower stairs in San Francisco a few weeks ago.  There are houses along the steep stairway, most adorned with some really nice gardens, all in a fantastic mid-autumn bloom.  California - especially San Francisco - can be rather spectacular in early October.

My capturing of the SF flora is but a small percentage of what Ebe photos on a weekly basis, but I am indeed rather pleased with the results, more a function of a great camera than a great photographer, but I will take it any way that I can get it!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

I enjoyed using the 'fancy' camera a couple of times on the pilgrimage - it does take nice pictures!!