Sunday, October 28, 2012

Missing the Desert

More scenery at Whitewater
As I upload the photos from my camera to my computer, I find myself a bit wistful for a recent quick trip to the desert.  Looking at the calm and dramatic coloring we experienced, I am rather impressed with the diverse landscape that So Cal affords on a regular basis.

The shot here was taken at a little lake at the edge of the Whitewater reserve, which is a trail-head for the Pacific Trail (and should not be confused with the Whitewater scandals unearthed in the early Clinton years).

Barb took my camera and turned it on Elizabeth and I, since I was taking so many pictures of Barb and Joan.  We are shaded a bit, but the still water and dramatic reflection of the blue sky make for what is in my opinion a great picture.  It also makes me a bit wistful for some more time hiking and exploring, instead of being tied to an office most days!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

A wonderful day indeed! Relaxing, refreshing and great friends!