Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy (part II)

Scooby (another rescue dog) is not one to openly show her emotions. Typically reticent, she is often in the front room under the bed or in our bedroom in her kennel pretending that she is invisible when people come over to our house. As soon as the company leaves, Scooby is out in the family room, leaping and jumping like a winning show dog.

I often tell others about what a funny little dog Scooby is, but to date, it has basically been folk lore, as easy to prove as Bigfoot or the Loch Ness monster because I haven't been able to prove it. I submit to you this photo as proof that Scooby is a happy, silly pup!

I took the dogs for a walk Saturday night by myself. We went over to the Junior High because school is out so no one is ever on campus, the rabbits are running loose and the big area allows Daphne and Scooby to run to their hearts content while Shadow can plod along on a slow and short route. The trip was a productive one, with at least 4 lively rabbit chases that had both dogs panting and looking rather pleased with themselves.

The sun was quickly setting, the neighborhood was quiet, the grass was cool and refreshing...Scooby was just feeling happy, so she plopped down in the clover and started rolling around on her back. I whipped out my Blackberry and snapped the photo before she realized what I was doing (I am sneaky like that), and after I dropped the offending instrument back into my pocket, she started to roll again.

It makes me happy to see my dogs so happy and carefree. Blurry or not, this vision makes me smile.

No comments: