Friday, July 3, 2009

Texas Toasted

I had a consumer moment in Target this week. First, it was excitement as I realized that the family favorite "Texas Toast" was conveniently positioned in the freezer case, saving me a trip to Albertson's later in the day.

I picked up a box in anticipation of a panini night...texas toast with cheddar cheese and avocado...that is deliciousness like you can't even imagine! I tossed the box into the cart and thought that it felt kind of light, so I took a closer look to realize why.

The customary 8 slices (which is a tidy 4 sandwiches for our hungry little family - David naturally eats two) was horrifically reduced to 6 slices. What? I looked at the price. No change. We have a 25% reduction in product but no price break? C'mon, Pepperidge Farm, what is the deal?

I begrudgingly took 2 boxes because it would be inhumane to think that David could just make it on 1 sandwich, but I am not going to lie, I didn't like it one bit.

I might make that trip out to Albertson's after all to buy the house brand. It still has 8 slices per box...last time I checked!

No comments: