Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Unknown Eater

Every now and again I come across a random photo that cracks me up. This is such a photo.

January 2004. Holly and her friends are 13. Old enough to be responsible and serious, young enough to not have to. It was no doubt a typical sleepover where they ran around the house like banshees the night before until I could take the screaming no more and would close myself off in the room. It wasn't their fault that my patience wore thin...but it did when the screaming and jumping out from behind dark corners began (and let me be clear, it was David who was doing the jumping and loud roaring). I would retreat to my room for some solitude and to keep from getting snappy every time someone screamed (roughly every 30 seconds or so).

The morning would be pancakes, followed it might seem by some ice cream. Holly is in charge of the remote, Karina is pleased with her snack and playing the part of the Unknown Eater is...Radical Rachel.

I particularly enjoy the eyebrows that have been drawn and the fact that you can see one eyeball peeking out from the hole cut in the front. Rachel really did eat her ice cream through that bag. She admitted this weekend when I brought up this photo that it was really pretty gross.

That's no reason to stop, however!

No comments: