Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The end of an era

This may seem to be a bit of a shock to some, but I will soon be saying farewell to the big blender as my 9-year run at Jamba Juice quietly ends and I transition into some time at home to just hang around and do some volunteer work.

I am admittedly surprised at what an emotional situation this turned out to be (and will continue for a few days as the word spreads into the field). I will say that NEVER have I been a part of a greater talent pool than here at Jamba and one of my biggest learnings is that solid values and doing the right thing transcends all - F.I.B.E.R. (Fun, Integrity, Balance, Empowerment and Respect) is the thing that brought me to Jamba and will forever be the thing that keeps me connected, even if it is as a loyal customer.

So now what? David tells me that the patio needs painting and he apparantly beleives that I am the ideal candidate to do it! I am hoping to plug back in more aggressively with my Emmaus friends and maybe even Chrysallis as well as investigate what employment opportunities might exist with the multitude of non-profit organizations that support great causes AND put on cool events to promote active, healthy living (that is a plug and shout out if you know anyone who might be a good connection for me!!)

I'll always blend up a mean smoothie (I have the Magic Bullet, remember??) and have a fond place in my heart for the whirl. I am also not parting with the many cool pieces of jamba gear that I have collected over the years, but will likely tone it down a bit...perhaps we can limit it to one clothing item per outfit!!

Good luck to my friends at Jamba and thanks for an awesome 9 years...more to come on what the 'last days' look like over the next 2 1/2 weeks as we close out shop and witness the end of an era in my worklife.

2 comments:

the New Mom said...

Jan.......How fun to see you on facebook and then now....to get caught up on your life via your blog! I didn't know that you had left Jamba.

I smiled as I read about you leaving the company because I had so many of the same feelings. Jamba was such a huge part of my life for many years. I look back on that time of my life as such an amazing time in which I was blessed with so many opportunities to associate with incredible people! You are one of those people!

I wish you the best with all of the changes that are going on in your life these days! I have lots going on in my life too.....guess that CHANGE is the one thing we can always be certain of!

Happy thoughts and prayers to your and your family! Love, Amy

the New Mom said...

hutchgirl.blogspot.com (I have a blog too!)