Monday, August 18, 2008

Missing but not lost

It has been some time since my last post and I have missed it - as well as my expansive audience of the loyal 2 or 3 of you! :) I am just returning from a 9-day family vacation where we were pretty much cut off from the real world - no TV, phone, Internet, etc. It was all about the books and actually chatting with one another, amazing!

I will spend the next few postings going into more detail about the trip, but for now know that the scenery was fantastic (as noted by the cover shot here taken by yours truly) and the company excellent. It is indeed good for the soul to completely unplug and have the biggest event of the day be about whether or not to make the 2-hour round trip to Wal-Mart for snacks and dinner supplies.

As my title today indicates, I realized while on this trip that a lot has been missing in the last few months but it is good to report that all is not lost. Some time with nature and the family is very helpful in crystallizing what we want, need and how to balance it all out!!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

Welcome Back, my friend! I have missed stalking you! I knew you were going on vacation at some point during the summer - was going to give you another day or two before I really started to get worried about my blog buddy! And that picture is BEAUTIFUL - looks like you had a wonderful vacation! I look forward to hearing more about it... say hi to Holly.