Monday, June 8, 2009

Baccalaureate

Graduation season has officially begun.  Holly is done with classes (has been since Friday), has her Yearbook filled in with all of the signatures she is after, received her cap and gown, is scheduled for rehearsal Tuesday and Wednesday...and attended her baccalaureate ceremony on Sunday.

This is the optional service that is held at a local church, recognizing the efforts of family and faith in a student's life.  It is lightly attended, less than 10% of Holly's 600 some-odd person class attended; but it was a nice ceremony and a good warm-up for the main event on Thursday.

I am surprised to report that while I got a little misty-eyed when the officiating pastor started talking about all of the milestones that parents celebrate with their children (he had me at, "first word" and then went on to catalogue the years), I did not cry, weep or wail, as Holly had predicted I might.  I blinked, snapped a few photos and held it all together.

Let's see how long that will last.

No comments: