Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Lancer Pride

Goofy season has officially begun.  Actually, I just typed that because I realize that I have declared it some kind of season in my last two posts and want to be consistent!  

After attending Holly's Baccalaureate, I coaxed her into riding over to the high school in hopes of finding an open gate so that we could take some good photos in front of the Lancer - a hulking sculpture made of spoons - in the quad.  

At first the Schnoogs resisted, but I wore her down with my stunning logic...I was driving the car and was determined to get a good picture, so better to do it now than with 1300 or so people in the quad after graduation. She acquiesced.

We got lucky and found a gate open back behind the bus entrance.  It was in my opinion a stroke of brilliance to do this, as it is mob-scene central on the night of graduation.  I saw it last year while serving my debt to the then-senior class by serving cookies and punch in exchange for the promise of a preferred parking permit this year (it arrived in the mail just yesterday!)

I believe that even Holly got into the mood, striking some fun poses out front of the TOHS moniker for posterity.

No comments: