Monday, June 15, 2009

Zen

In addition to doing work on the front yard, David also worked on the patio area and really spruced things up.  The evening of graduation was unfortunately a bit too cool to really enjoy the fruits of his labor, but we will enjoy the space as we sit out there throughout the summer.

One of the elements that were added was a fountain; actually, TWO fountains.  The first was one that we have had for quite some time and often requires some amount of repair to either the pump, a tube or a leaking joint.  David spends a ton of time on it every season.  I have suggested that we replace it once or twice, but he seems determined to make it work, which he does (at least for a week or two),

The second fountain, as pictured here is now outside my office, so I can open the window and enjoy the zen sounds of water splashing. It is very nice and relaxing and I rather enjoyed it for the 15-minutes or so until David asked me if I thought that the shape of the fountain looked like a toilet.

Now I have to go to the bathroom!

No comments: