Sunday, June 7, 2009

Swimming with the MIMs

Triathlon season has officially begun!  

That may not sound like an exciting declaration to everyone, but I am happy to report that the MIMS (Moms in Motion, as you may recall) are back in action, kicking off the 2009 summer Tri season with a record-breaking 42 mom/member team in Westlake.  

I have always thought that I was a pretty decent swimmer, but have been humbled down to accepting the fact that I swim like I run...slow and steady.  There are some regular little dolphins in our group, or at least it seemed that way to me once they started lapping me.  I started out swimming in the #3 position of our 6 person group in the lane, but was quickly repositioned to #6...and I had to kick off almost immediately after the person in front of me so that the first person didn't catch up to me!

Next week we swim and bike.  Let's see if I can pull out some dignity there!!

No comments: