Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cheesy

Eric and I met for lunch last week to celebrate Little Britty (she is 22 and her name is Brittany, but much like Holly always being referred to as Schnoogs, you just can't step away from a good childhood nickname) and her looming departure. She has been accepted to the Peace Corps and will be leaving for Kazakhstan on March 9th (look for future blogs and education around this country!)

Little Britty shares my eating style of no animals with knees, so I knew that she would enjoy one of my local faves, Cube Cafe and Marketplace. I was first introduced by a real LA local a couple of years ago and have used it as the go-to restaurant just about any time someone is in the vicinity of my office and wants a good meal.

The cheese is always amazing, and the menu changes to enjoy the fresh and in-season items at the local Farmer's Market. I have not yet been there where anyone in my party was anything less than enthused about their order and the portions are just about right so that you can enjoy a sampler of cheese before your meal. Little Britty of course loved it and we had a great visit talking about all of the things that she will be doing while in Kazakhstan.

27 months is a long time to be gone from home, I wonder how well a care package of cheese would travel!

No comments: