Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lunch Date

The Schnoogs and I had a good tradition for the first 3 semesters of her college career - we met for dinner mid-week to have a nice meal and stay current on the happenings of our lives. We started to Yelp! our way through the greater LA Valley area, finding some fun, unique restaurants and staying connected.

This semester, Schnoogums is taking an impressive 19 units and as such, her schedule is not very open or flexible for dinner. In fact, the only opening she has is Tue or Wed between 1 and 5...not optimal hours for me to leave work and drive the 20 miles or so (the hard way, I might add) from Beverly Hills to Northridge. We skipped the first 2 weeks, but decided that we missed our tradition and each other, so Schnoogs offered herself up to come meet me for lunch.

With a little bit of directions from Mom, MapQuest and the GPS tracker, young Schnoogums made it right on time to enjoy a tour of the office then a quick walk up to one of the neighborhood restaurants (we had sushi). It was very nice to get back into our routine, and of course that kid cracks me up with her energy and exuberance.

We came back into the office to find things a little crazy and in deadline looming mode as we were fulfilling a bunch of orders from our Valentine's Day promotion. Poor kid, she never had a chance, I had her taping and labeling boxes like there was no tomorrow until she finally told me that her car was in a 2-hour parking space and she had to go. I tried to get her to just move it and come back, but there weren't any open places (so she said!).

With a quick hug, we said goodbye and she left me in the throes of the packing and shipping frenzy. I wonder if Holly thinks that sushi was worth it?

No comments: