Thursday, February 17, 2011

Love Knows no Holiday

Monday was of course Valentine's Day and while it is indeed the day to celebrate the one(s) you love, I must confess to being a bit inundated with work for the two weeks leading up and then of course the day of. We had a big promotion at work that was ideated in the 2nd week of January (right before I left for vacation) and through a herculean effort on the part of everyone in the organization, we pulled it off and executed it in the stores.

I have lived in the workspace where a holiday completely consumes once before - the cinnamon roll place killed any element of free time that I might have thought about using between Thanksgiving and Christmas. While it is energizing to be a part of something that makes our customers happy, it doesn't leave a lot of free time to celebrate with one's own family, so by my admission, I really didn't do anything for David or Holly this Valentine's Day.

Sure, I sent Holly one of the packages that we were making and included a gift card (which I will almost guarantee she has already used), but that doesn't rank up there with the cool things of years past, like the Wii of Valentine's 2010 (or was it 2009??). David gave me a very funny card and while I did make a nice dinner (as I do most nights) and got a little teary eyed as I told him how much I appreciate him and our family, no gift-giving or card-signing happened on my end.

Luckily, we have a good track record for him to know that I love him!

No comments: