Thursday, February 3, 2011

Review Time - Significant or Successful?

It's review time at the swirly place, and as I went through the process of both my self and then supervisor review, I started to think about the discipline of assessing what we do each year, which then made me think about the whole significant vs. successful posting that I did last month.

As far as reviews go, things are fine, what's not to love? Actually, I will admit that by taking the whole successful filter off and putting on the significant lens instead, I got some great perspective around what I do, how I do it and most importantly, how I can do it better at work AND in life.

Character Counts is a phrase that my friend Eric used with me when we were talking about how we strive to be significant and that really resonated...character IS significant and is something that can't be manipulated to make someone seem successful.

These little reflections and reviews are a good thing, I wonder if I should have David & Schnoogs fill out a performance evaluation on me!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

I'd love to fill out a performance eval on you - you are pretty awesome!