Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 3 - Clouds

The blogging AND photos continue and I was excited about today's assignment, because when the big puffy clouds are out, there are fewer things more creative and inspiring to check out.


I awoke to fog...lots of it...and thankfully had the foresight to grab my camera out of my bag as I left the house to snap a few creative and inspiring shots because fog = clouds.  I snapped a few, zoomed in a few and even took an in-motion shot or two through the windshield while on the road (sorry Ebe, know that I did always have one hand on the wheel and I WAS watching what I was doing plus I left plenty of room in front of me from the next car).  I did not look at any of the photos (because, remember...I was driving!) and went about my day, waiting for the sun to come out.


I was in South Orange County for the remainder of the day, which did finally clear up sometime after lunch to...super clear blue skies, no clouds!  I kept checking all day but nothing, it was a Chamber of Commerce Day, much to my dismay.  It reminded me of the movie The Aviator when Howard Hughes blew his whole filming budget waiting for real clouds to appear in the sky so that the fight sequence they wanted to film would appear more realistic...there was nothing to work with today!


I downloaded my collection of fog pictures, expecting at least one or two great shots and instead I found gray, dreary and relatively uninspiring shots of not much of anything, including one particularly blurry picture of a wheel (I think).  Someone needs to back off on the zoom!




Elizabeth helped me out and picked the best of the worst...this is it.  We tried to convince ourselves that the contrast of the trees along the roof line made it interesting.  


Tried is the operative word here!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

Fog is just really dense clouds and I do like the contrast - who knew it would be a non cloudy day!