Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 6 - Childhood Memory

Today was a fun day, both for the topic and the actual bunch of stuff that I did!  Ebe came up on the train in the morning and we set off for a fun day in beautiful Ventura.  It was already 84 in Simi Valley when the train pulled in the station, so we were ready for a warm and sunny day at the beach.

Enter the fog...lots of fog!  We visited the Mission, did some shopping along Main St., got a burrito at Corrales, ate at the beach and FROZE.  I took some pix around the pier and water, as I have lots of good memories of the water thanks to my growing up days in San Diego and while the shots were OK, they didn't really capture what I would call a really specific memory.

We went over to the Harbor for an ice cream cone because, you know, they are tasty!  Ebe demonstrated a far broader capacity for creativity and connecting to a fun childhood than I when she said, "hey, this would make a good picture for today".  She had already taken a cool, artsy upshot of a swing at the beach; the idea was ripe for the picking, so I did it!



Cherry Vanilla ROCKS and so does my friend who helps me to be creative when I am lacking!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

You are too kind - glad I could help my friend out - and that ice cream was yummy! It was a wonderful day - even in the fog - it was the company that counted.