Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 9 - Faceless Self Portrait

Mom...you should be able to spot this in a heartbeat.  Today is faceless self-portrait day and I have a feeling that I interpreted this differently than some of the other real photographers did, but I like it anyway.


Admittedly, those who don't know me pretty well do not realize that I have this birthmark, because I typically cover it up and don't pull my hair back...it is kind of different and because it is red, most people panic for a moment if they catch a glimpse because they think my ear is bleeding.


I chose to highlight it, surprisingly enough, because I figure that if this photo were in a line-up, people who know me would be able to ID me, and in my mind, that is what a self-portrait is all about.




I thought that my hair was looking a bit redder these days than it is here...must be the ear overpowering it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I never hid it when you were little. It's part of you and it is not assigned an emotion. It never affected your prettiness. Your hair will never be as red as it was the time I dyed it and wet my pants when you took the towel off your head! I suppose I should have controled my laughter. xoxoMom

Ebe said...

I like what your mind thinks about what a self portrait should be about... and wish I could have seen your hair when it was that red!