Monday, November 12, 2012

Day One - A is for...

A is for...Apple
A new photo-journaling program has cropped up, courtesy of some good investigative skills by Ebe. We enjoyed our 30 Days of Photos last year (last year for me, last year AND a little bit of this year for Elizabeth!) and are now going to start another session.  Technically, it is 26 Days of Photos because we are doing A-Z, but in the spirit of things, we will leave it with the 30 Day label.

A is for apple.  I would bet that this is the first thing that comes to mind for anyone in the English-speaking world; it is a very fundamental principle when discussing our alphabet.  I gave this one some thought, as it is the kick-off, but decided that this is how I wanted to go.

The apple is an organic Pink Lady, purchased from the Laguna Nigel Farmers Market by Ebe yesterday (1/2 price happy hour - a total SCORE to go over after church and get the deals before the vendors pack up and go home).  I initially was going to hold the apple up and take it against the blue sky, but decided I didn't like the way that it looked, either with my hand in the shot or cropped in such a way that it looked like the apple was floating eerily.

I saw the trees in the courtyard and thought that would serve as a nice base.  We are studying Genesis in bible study right now, so setting up the apple made me think of the fruit from the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and then I started thinking that I was hungry, AND THEN I thought that it would be cool to take a bite out of the apple for the ultimate shot.

That's how things work in my head sometimes, fast and furious, but we eventually get there and now you know how!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

Fast and furious comments... that never happens to me! Hee hee hee - I'm looking forward to our 26 days of alphabet photos of the 30 day photo challenge!