Friday, November 30, 2012

Day Nineteen - S is for...

Scrumptious Squash serves it up
Today is a good example of creative inspiration taking over the best laid plans.  I had already snapped a picture of the salad I ate for lunch (a Greek salad, not too surprising, is it?) but then I cooked up a batch of butternut squash for some quesadillas at dinner and was struck with the wonderful color, texture and smell that was before me, spurring this extreme close up shot of all things squash.

The quesadillas, by the way, were DELICIOUS.  Without a doubt the best that I have made to date.  Handmade flour tortillas with a healthy portion of freshly cooked and smashed squash, topped with Swiss, goat and Parmesan cheeses, plus a sprinkling of fresh chopped sage.

You will have to ask me to make these for you sometime, they will blow your mind!

No comments: