Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day Nine - I is for...

The Irony of today's entry is not to be overlooked
I am not a fan of IHop.  In fact, I can safely say that I am rarely ever a customer and I don't think that I have set foot in one for 10 or 15 years.

That context is important to realize on this, the day of I in our project.  I had not settled on a good I image and was walking along Victoria Road in Ventura (I had jury duty today) during the 90 minutes they gave us for lunch.

There are a lot more businesses and strip malls along that stretch of road than when David and I lived there 25 years ago.  I was looking at all of the different signs, trying to figure out what was going to hit the mark for I.

There it was, on the side of the road, just a block or two down from AAA.  IHop.  The restaurant that refused to make substitutions for me on two different occasions to accommodate the deletion of some meat that I requested.  Nope, would not do it.  At all.  No negotiating, not even if I paid extra.

I suppose that all these years later I might actually try an IHop - I am a big fan of pancakes, after all - but at this point it is so ingrained in my mind that I am not sure I would actually be able to enjoy it.

Inflexible could also be applied to today's entry - for both the IHop organization and myself!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

Mmmm... IHOP! Chocolate Chip pancakes... stuffed French Toast - you don't know what you are missing!