Friday, November 9, 2012

Rocked the Vote

Rewarded with my very own badge, just for voting!
Tuesday was of course election day and I adjusted my schedule a bit to allow myself the time to go place my ballot.  After years of absentee ballots because of travel for work, I really enjoy being able to show up in person to vote.

We have been voting at the same polling place for the last 20 years - Holly actually went to elementary school there for 3 years - so I knew exactly where to go and was in line shortly after the polls opened - I think that I was voter #16 in that location.

We had a good laugh at home prior to my departure, as David and I were sharing information - I helped him with all of the propositions since I did my homework on them, he helped me with the right local offices since he is practically the Mayor in T.O. and then...we cancelled out each others vote for President.

Oh well, I think that our politics at home closely mirror the divide that our whole country is experiencing.  Whether you agree with the selection or not, getting out and exercising your right is always the right thing to do!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

Yeah for voting... I love going to the polls and pulling that garbage bag plastic behind me - although now it's a little more high tech - but I love voting in person!