Thursday, November 1, 2012

Redemption!

Office contest WINNER!
I had the opportunity to dress as Gumby in the office for Halloween yesterday; I was Pokey for the party with our Fellowship group (you've already read about that).  One thing that I failed to mention from the Fellowship group party is the Gumby/Pokey duo did not receive ONE vote in the contest!

There are a variety of reasons why this happened - we were only allowed two votes, since we entered together, we could not vote for each other and the remaining people (men judged the women costumes and vice verca) stated loud and clear that they had to vote for their wives.  Not helping was the Charlie's Angels entry - a sentimental favorite over Gumby and Pokey with that group!

At any rate, Ebe and I were flabbergasted that we did not garner a single vote, but we let it go, traded costumes and went our separate ways on Halloween since we both had to work.  Ebe's work did a little potluck for Halloween, but no costume contest.

Here at the swirly office, we didn't have a potluck, but we DID have a costume contest and about 20 people or so participated, myself (as Gumby) included.  THIS group loved Gumby and most wanted to take a picture with "The Girl Gumby" as I was dubbed (we know why - see the previous post!).  I was not expecting to win, so it was very exciting to receive the award shown here AND to have another member of my team win "Most Creative Costume" - she was dressed up as Pebbles from the Flintsone's and had a whole campaign around bringing Fruity Pebbles back to the Topping Bar at Pinkberry - a little inside humor that was fun to see played out.

I was delighted to win and indeed feel redeemed for the snub that the little green glob of clay (and his pony pal Pokey too) received  a couple of weeks ago...GUMBY!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

I hope that you hang that award at your desk with pride!