Friday, October 16, 2009

America Runs on Dunkin'

Dunkin' Donuts is one of those East Coast/Midwest treats that I enjoy whenever my travels take me there. I had intended to get a little decaf something earlier in the week, but didn't have time until Thursday afternoon-rain has come to NYC and we are standing around the store looking for something to do.

We are just outside of Union Square, with a Dunkin' about 500 yards away. A quick dash over and across the street through the rain and I'm in! While waiting for my coffee treat (cream AND sugar, of course!), I noticed these orange donuts with the blue swoosh through the side.

I don't believe that I have ever seen this, but the NYC Marathon has an official donut! Admittedly, I don't usually pair donuts with marathon runners but hey, maybe that is the secret I have been missing all of these years!

I guess it makes sense, the tag line is...America runs on Dunkin'!

No comments: