Monday, October 26, 2009

Knott (too) Scary

Sunday was, as I indicated in the last post, a busy day. After completing the Pumpkin Run (that included clean-up and a tasty taco lunch because boy, I was hungry!), it was back home to shower and pack up to head out for an evening at Knott's Berry Farm for their Knott's Scary Farm Haunt.

Not typically a big fan of Halloween, late nights at theme parks when I have to be at work early in the morning, being scared or creeped out or repetitive trips on crazy roller coasters, I have to admit that this was not originally how I planned to spend a Sunday night. Some convincing to "give it a try" and "just come along to be with everyone" somehow caught me at a moment where I decided that it would be a good idea to go.

We took advantage of a VIP dinner prior to the re-opening of the park, which turned out to be great both in terms of having dinner covered and avoiding some of the crowds. We also were able to ride one of the roller coasters "Ghost Rider" before anyone else, so the lines were nonexistent...a fabulous thing if you wanted to ride the thing multiple times, as Schnoogs and Briana did.

I opted to sit it out for round two. Something about the headache, slightly nauseous stomach and fact that I just about wet my pants on the first go-round kept me from wanting to duplicate that experience. That is one crazy wooden coaster, let me tell you!

We went on some other crazy, looping coaster that had us dangling and twirling high above Orange County. It was thankfully smoother and was more of a glider, so I didn't have the same sensation of all of my bones and teeth bouncing apart, but it was still one heck of a stomach turner!

Things got better when we got to the Log Jammer. That is more my speed. It was kind of dark and there were creatures jumping out from every turn and corner...how much can one girl be expected to take? The anticipation of someone jumping out alone was enough to keep me looking over my shoulder for the rest of the night.

We all agreed that going on a Sunday and having dinner in the park was the way to go...we were finished up by 10:45 or so, our fill of mazes, coasters, monsters and screaming filled for the year, whew!

No comments: