Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkin Run

Sunday was a big day for the MIMs! Our Moms in Motion team captains, Anne & Holly, were race directors for the Westlake City Celebration aka The Pumpkin Run. MIMs were crawling all over the place to help, we had a great turnout!

I had the privilege of shuttling the team working at the 5K and 10K turnaround water stations...all were members of the Agoura Hills HS track team (their running coach is our running coach too) and even though it was early on a Sunday morning, they were all enthusiastic and excited to be a part of the event...it is their community too, after all.

Once the water station workers were in place, the 5K race began and then I set out for the 10K an hour later. It was a good course, only about 200 people running the longer portion, so it wasn't very crowded and it was a nice shady downhill for the first 2 miles or so. It got a little hot and sunny on the back portion of the course, so I was glad to loop back to the shade once I hit mile 4, even if it did mean that nice little downhill had turned into a nice little UP hill.

I actually finished 4th in my age category and had a personal record on the 10K according to my Nike+ system. I should just leave it at that and bask in the glory, but the truth of the matter is that there were only 5 people in my age category.

Maybe I need to start competing in the 75+ age group, I bet that I'd sweep that group!

No comments: