Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Eating Good in the Big Apple

Work has brought me to NYC for the week; it has been a while since I have been here, so I am enjoying the little discoveries as I travel through the city between stores.

Sunday was a travel day. I probably could have done a red-eye Sunday night to make it into the city for an 8 am Monday class, but have grown wiser in my years and am not going to subject myself to that kind of crazy torture...I've done it twice before and the last time I did it I think that I was groggy for 3 days trying to catch up!

The Sunday arrival meant that there was a little bit of time to catch up with some friends and enjoy dinner at Rosa Mexicano in a location I have not yet visited...Hackensack, NJ.

Rosa did not disappoint, even going so far as dessert because it was a featured item that the waiter did such a nice job describing, I couldn't pass it up. The simple name is chocolate cupcake, but it was sooooooooooo much more! I could only manage to eat 1/2 myself, but once pushed to the center of the table, it was quickly consumed by the rest of the group.

There is a lot of work on the docket this week and this is not a luxury trip, but I have to admit that we have planned out at least six of our next meals to make sure we hit some old favorites as well as some new places that promise to be great.

I ran on the treadmill yesterday in anticipation of the Nike Women's 1/2 Marathon next weekend, but the truth of the matter is I was really trying to get ahead of the fact that I am going to be eating my way through the city this week!

No comments: