Thursday, March 24, 2011

CHEESE!!

It would appear that I am an easy target for the pack when it comes to treats, specifically for cheese...a favorite snack among the Newton dogs. 

It started with Freddy (center, the fluffy white one), who arrived to our home rather underweight and recovering from some stomach surgery.  I started to give him string cheese as a snack, because he seemed to really like it and I thought that it would be good to put a little weight on him.

He has long since achieved (and is maintaining) his ideal weight, but has not lost his love for cheese.  In fact, he has shared the good news of cheese with a couple of his brethren, pictured here (Penny on the left and Charlie on the right).  It is really a bit ridiculous.  I arrive home from work and Freddy starts following me around, "talking" in his way and sometimes sounding as if he is saying, "Mom, I want my cheese."  Penny, thinking that she might be missing out on something starts to follow at my heels and if I dare open the refrigerator, Charlie is there too.

Shaggy and Scooby (the shepherds) sit up expectantly from their perch on the couch, knowing that I would not dare to feed only 3 of the 5 dogs.  I talk tough as if I am not going to indulge them, but who am I kidding?  Cheese all around!

Penny and Freddy count out the pieces to make sure I have rationed things fairly.  Those dogs are all about equity!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

What a great picture of the pups!