Friday, March 4, 2011

Be Bold!

I am blogging to you from the future...or is it the past? Either way, I know that Ebe does not fully approve, but understands that the commitment to blogging sometimes means that I have to multi-task and take advantage of the efficiencies of technology.

The Channel Islands Emmaus (known in the community as CIE) Women's Walk #44 is underway, with yours truly at the helm as the Lay Director. The Walk runs from Thursday night through Sunday afternoon and there is very little downtime during those 72 hours. There will be 24 women attending the walk, all of whom are in for a great experience in their spiritual journey, and who will be affectionately referred to as "the pilgrims" for the duration of our time together. Add to the group of pilgrims a support team of 50 or so, and you have a full house of amazing women.

The scripture for this walk is 2 Corinthians 3:12, "Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold." Bold and hope are two great words in our faith vocabluary, as I have shared in a previous post, and I hope that this scripture inspires our pilgrims to come to understand and embrace their faith in a different, actionable way.

Bold we are, no need to hope that it shines through for the weekend!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

I have to admit I popped onto the blog for a moment and saw a Friday post and thought - when on earth did she find time to do that - maybe after she left me when we were tooting - I mean talking outside upstairs ;)

In this case - I do approve and am so thankful that I was able to participate - what an amazing weekend filled with so much love and joy and PEACE - I can barely stand it - God is good! All the time!