Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Return to San Juan Capistrano

I had to meet up with a friend for some business today, so what better arrangements to make than meeting at the train station in San Juan Capistrano?  I originally intended to take the train there myself, but the usual bit of yogurt insanity forced me into the office early, necessitating a drive instead of a leisurely train ride. Undaunted, I met the challenge.

Working in an office for most all of the daylight hours during the traditional work week, I am embarrassed to admit that I sometimes forget how nice it is to be outside and in the fresh air in the afternoon. The train depot at SJC is a quaint little station, buzzing with lots of pedestrians and swarms of kids on field trips...perfect for people watching!

The meeting, lunch and time together were great, the birds were chirping, the sun shining...I think that I know why those swallows return to Capistrano every year, it is a good time!

No comments: