Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 22 - Trees

Trees are in plentiful supply around here, making today feel like a relatively easy assignment.  While I had plenty of good shots, I actually found myself faced with choices and I had a hard time picking the one frame that captured for me the quintessential tree.


I am a fan of the upshot (on landscape, not people, because just how many chins should one person have?), especially when there is a nice contrast of the green leaves to the blue sky. I also enjoy the single, lone tree, as they have so many twists and turns that are shaped by the environment, yet they continue to grow and thrive.


Let's not forget having the sun streaming through, so I tried a few of those shots from the courtyard at work.  Also a very good and a completely different angle on the whole tree thing, I thought about doing a perspective shot along the median down San Vicente Blvd., because there is a row about a mile long of trees, but decided that I already had enough shots and I didn't need to risk getting run over by a bus just to take a picture!




Green/blue contrast won out.  I like it!

3 comments:

Mom said...

I have been in love with trees my whole life. I can vividly see trees from all ages of my life. This one is a beauty too! Good job honey!

Mom said...

I have been in love with trees my whole life. I can vividly see trees from all ages of my life. This one is a beauty too! Good job honey!

Ebe said...

I like it too! And as you know - any kind of flora for me is wonderful - Excellent upshot!