Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 26 - Something Old

I must admit here (although I don't think that I would actually tell him) that I was thinking as something of a joke to use David as the subject matter for this shot, as his 50th birthday is tomorrow.  While it cracked me up because that is actually rather silly, I used my better judgement and looked around all day for something that met this not very specific criteria of 'old'.


Ebe joined us for a weekend of activities and took the train into Union Station to avoid the hassle of driving.  Whenever walking through the station, I always feel like it is 1940-something because of the way the station looks and feels, including what I believe to be much of the original furniture and decor in the main waiting area.




Now I get it that 70 years or so is not really that old, but if in fact these seats are from the original station days, that is impressive that they have held up, because something like 1,000,000+ visitors every year pass through this train station.  They don't all sit in this very chair, I am sure, but still, that is some pretty good endurance!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

I bet those chairs could tell all sorts of stories about the people watching they have done!