Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 16 - How I Nourish Myself

I enjoyed the assignment today, because I had many ideas that could be fairly easily accomplished without having to scramble to get somewhere or capture the daylight or any other complication that would likely leave me scratching my head and wondering how I missed the opportunity.


Many would have expected me to take a picture of my signature fast food meal - an egg salad sandwich and iced coffee from 7-11.  I am not lying when I tell you that those sandwiches are fresh and delicious and travel well!  Enough of being an advocate for this multi-purpose snack, for it was not in my routine to stop off for breakfast today, I had plenty of the regular items at home.


I actually enjoy and attempt to practice the consumption of 6 mini meals throughout the day, about every 3 hours.  There are a few standby items that I almost always have such as soy sausage links or patties, bananas, hard boiled eggs, laughing cow cheese and crackers, Greek yogurt...the list goes on.  


One of my FAVORITES happens to be on the desk right now, Uncrustables!  A delightful PB&J treat, I buy the whole wheat bread version and just grab one out of the freezer on my way into work in the morning.  It thaws pretty quickly and serves as one of the mid-day meals, along with some kind of fruit (we have cantaloupe today, hooray for Trader Joe's and their pre-cut fruit).


Also in the shot are my trusty water canteen and mug for tea, I shoot for about 60 ounces of water over the course of the day...the tea is admittedly cold most of the time, but I don't mind and am appreciative of some flavoring in my water.


Enjoy the glimpse into my head, and my routine for daily nourishment.


*In the interest of full disclosure, the jalapeno popchips and Scharffenberger dark chocolate in my desk drawer are not pictured but certainly should be considered a part of the daily nourishment...a girl's got to enjoy some treats too! :)

1 comment:

Ebe said...

Uncrustables are the best! You know you can make your own - come to think of it - I should stock my freezer up with some more - mmmmm... yummy!