Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 23 - Sunset

This should be an easy one for me...I have soooo many great sunset pictures, courtesy of living in So Cal and many travel trips to great places like Hawaii, Israel, England...my skills of the sunset picture should be (although I am not sure they are officially dubbed this) legend by now.


The interesting thing about this 30 Days of Photo assignment is the picture is supposed to be taken on the day of the assignment...no using stock photography from a previous day.  That poses a bit of a twist on things, because it is a weekday and the time change has now taken effect, whcih means there is NO WAY that I will be out of the office and near the beach in time to capture the sun as it drops below the horizon.


I tried to set a reminder for myself to get out for the sunset (scheduled at 4:54 pm), but I think that I was locked up in a meeting room and completely missed any chance of watching the sunset.  Not surprising, given the agenda of the day, but a bit disappointing nonetheless.


I took a page from the book of Ebe (who presented a GREAT picture-of-a-picture for clouds) and pulled up an AWESOME sunset photo that I took on vacation in Minnesota 3 summers ago.  The sky would light up in magnificent colors every night, and the scenery against the stillness of the lake was always fantastic.  The photo that I have on my computer was actually downloaded from Shutterfly, so as a digital copy, it is a bit pixelated.  By the time I magnified it enough to view and then zoomed in the camera, we ended up with this fuzzy, hazy representation of a sunset.




I shall call it my homage to Monet!

2 comments:

Mom said...

would you please bring me that picture of you and Freddie? I really love it and want to put it out.

Ebe said...

Very cool sunset pic! And the reflection is wonderful!