Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Summerland

I had the opportunity to drive to Santa Barbara this past Saturday (actually, I had to go deliver some product to a store that had a refrigeration issue and we decided that I could get to Santa Barbara with some borrowed product from Westlake faster than the dairy truck could get from the warehouse in LA to Santa Barbara, but looking at it as an opportunity rather than a requirement just seems much more pleasant and keeps me in a good mood).

The drive up through Ventura and into Santa Barbara is typically a beautiful one, especially once the ocean comes into view. Saturday (which also happened to be Valentine's Day) was a gorgeous day, so the view and scenery did not disappoint. Lots of blue sky, sunshine and sparkling water out on the horizon. Previous posts will tell you just how enamored I am with the Southern California scenery and this trip was no exception.

For those of you familiar with the trek to Santa Barbara, there is a little area known as Summerland. For some reason, I never really paid that much attention to Summerland, taking note instead of Sea Cliff, Carpinteria and the affluent Montecito. All very nice beach communities nestled away from the hustle and bustle of city life.

As I saw the signs for Summerland and realized the view that the residents of this city have, I decided that this must be a cool place to live. I am sure that like anything, being on a perpetual vacation could get old, but I think that it is a risk that I might be willing to take.

Could you imagine living somewhere called Winterland? Not at 10 below with 4 feet of snow, I can't!

No comments: