Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A CLASSY farewell

Greetings from the Big Apple. The quality in this photo is not so hot, but that is Eric holding his celebratory balloons in front of the Hooters in Manhattan. Yes, his team decided to have his farewell to Jamba and the East Coast party at this classy and fine dining establishment.

In defense of the NYC Jamba team (who are among the finest in character, I can assure you), they do really enjoy the wings and the price is right when you are looking to feed a big group on a budget...especially when they are going dutch. The festivities began at about 5 pm, but I was late because my plane didn't land at JFK until about 5:30. I avoided telling the cab driver exactly where I was headed, but opted instead to give him the cross streets to get me into the City. Really, who gets off a plane and rolls their luggage into Hooters?

My reception from the team was loud and enthusiastic and the NY adventure has begun! I am here through next Wednesday with the primary purpose to help Eric get packed and moved back to the Bay Area, but I suspect that we will find many other activities to entertain us along the way.

Watch for our shenanigans right here on the blog; rumor has it that we are meeting many of the same NYC managers and dms for karaoke at a drag club tomorrow night...if nothing else, it will make for some great stories!

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

1 comment:

Krisandr said...

Can't wait for the tales from the Big Apple. :-)