Sunday, September 7, 2008

Technology is a great thing!

I have been using the same cell phone for at least 4 years and when I bought it, it was an old model. I have always taken pride in having such a technological dinosaur...until today! Knowing that there are only 4 days left before I turn in my laptop and my Blackberry, I started to feel the pangs of separation anxiety for my beloved little Blackberry. How will I keep up with dates, occasions, notes and events? How will I be able to access a phone number or address on any whim? How will I stay in touch with my legions of friends via e-mail?? (or at least the 2-3 that regularly send me a message)

The answer is of course - technology. I did a little homework and price comparison before trotting down to the Sprint store this afternoon. They featured the Blackberry Curve (the Pearl, although sleek and slimmer in design requires you to do some deciphering on the keyboard as each key is two characters, so it is not my first choice) for $250 in-store less a $100 rebate for a net price of $150. But wait...I could do the same phone on Amazon.com for $215 up front, $115 after rebate. A-ha! The price was matched and I am now the proud owner of a fancy-pants phone, no more phone brick AND I can get all of those important e-mails right away!!

But wait...there's more. I think that I have figured out how to actually blog from the phone and post it from anywhere that I can get reception. Seriously? Combine that with the camera in the phone and I am going to be a menace...AND a blogging machine! There is one thing that you can bet on...this Gen Xer loves her the technology, it is indeed a great thing!!!

2 comments:

Ebe said...

You know with that kind of technology, we are going to be expecting two or three blog entries a day! :)
And good luck this week. Blessings, my friend! -Your Faithful Follower

Krisandr said...

Wow she's joined the 21st century with her personal phone. Welcome. Looking forward to Blogs-on-the-Go!