Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Fond Farewell

Today was the day...very bittersweet indeed. I said goodbye to my friends at Jamba as well as all of the excitement that could only be held at the JJ World Headquarters in Emeryville. (they don't really refer to it as the 'world headquarters', but it makes it seem so much better, doesn't it?)

Leaving Jamba was a tough decision as I have recorded in earlier blogs, but one that still feels right today even after the sentiment of saying goodbye to a LOT of quality people has set in. The best part of it for me at this time is the fact that I get to hang with David & Holly while still keeping in touch with my cool peeps from around the Jamba globe - a true win-win in my book. (that is officially the last bit of business-speak that I will spout for a while, by the way!)

While it is 'ciao for now' to my professional life, we are just getting started on the next chapter of the career. What will it be? College Professor? Writer? Honors English Teacher? Big plans I tell you, I've got big plans.

For now, I am heading home to pack right up and head out for Washington DC at an inhumane hour of the morning tomorrow (3:30...yes, am) to join up with Jonathan and Eric for the Nation's Tri.

Stay tuned for our blog-by-blog reporting!

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

2 comments:

Krisandr said...

Know that you were in my thoughts and prayers today my friend. Have fun in Washington - enjoy the race. See you next week!

Ebe said...

I think you should dedicate your life to blogging! Good luck this weekend - can't wait to hear about it!