Friday, September 26, 2008

The Last Fancy Meal

This trip has a lot of milestones in it as Eric packs up 10 years with Jamba and a 4-year stint on the East Coast to move back to the Bay Area for a whole new start. Today's milestone was around entertaining in Eric's apartment - he is known to be quite the host and over the years he (and sometimes we if I came out to help) would hold a great evening filled with good food, good wine and most importantly good friends and conversation.

Tonight was the last fancy meal. We go out tomorrow to another friend's house,Sunday will be leftovers and the movers come on Monday, so this was it. Ian was the guest of honor tonight (you can see him on the left in our little self-portrait above) and we tried to not disappoint. Appetizers were a deconstructed bruschetta (I've clearly been watching too much TOP CHEF), then we had a great beet and goat cheese salad. Eric and Ian enjoyed sirloin steak while I had shrimp and scallops. Top it off with sauteed mushrooms, acorn squash (mashed with butter, brown sugar and fresh ground nutmeg) and my FAVORITE awesome cheesy potatoes and you can imagine one heck of a meal. We finished with peanut butter cup brownies topped with raspberries and whipped cream....good grief, I'm full

I think that Eric gets full points for making the last dinner a great one and thanks to Ian for being such great company!

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

3 comments:

Ebe said...

The whole meal sounds FANTASTIC but especially...
MMmmm... peanut butter cup brownies - mmmMM!

Krisandr said...

Boy I'm hungry now after hearing about that meal...sounds wonderful!

Ian said...

Hey Jan! I had a blast Friday night. Thanks to you and Eric for everything.
By the way, this blog is great! I'll be sure to drop by!