Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Eyes Have It

This was a very productive Veterans Day for the Schnoogs and I. There have been a number of errands that we have been overdue on for quite some time. First on the list - some new glasses for Holly.

Somehow, 2 years have passed since Holly's last eye exam and it has been almost 4 years since she has upgraded her glasses. I realized that it was time to pay attention to the Schnoogs last week when she drove me somewhere...she naturally has to wear her specs when driving and that was when I saw it...the tape. Yes, my child had a piece of scotch tape holding her glasses together. No wonder I hardly ever see her wear them anymore!

Before you call social services on me, let me tell you that we immediately set this date as our time to get her eyes checked, glasses fixed and replacements purchased; all of which did happen as promised. The good news is that her eyes have actually improved just a bit AND they were able to fill the lens prescription today, so my child no longer has to wear jankety, not-quite-the-right-prescription glasses.

I even threw in a bonus pair of sunglasses to keep things easy on the eyes when driving. We make quite the models, as you can see above. Of course, the lenses made me a bit queasy and I almost tripped when I walked over to check the picture that David took.

But they do make me look smart, even if they add at least five years, don't you think?

1 comment:

Ebe said...

Both of you look very stylish!