Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Obsessed

We love our dogs. We take them almost everywhere, walk them twice a day, watch their nutrition and regard them as family members. It is nothing to be ashamed of, nor is it a secret. I do believe however that this weekend, I might have crossed a line to register me as a bit obsessed with my friendly little pooches.

Every year for Father's Day David gets a personalized calendar with different pictures of the dogs. We started the tradition a few years ago and it has become something that he looks forward to, so I am ever vigilant about having a good selection of current photos to choose from. Individual shots, group shots, candids, action photos and at least one family pose. As a result, I occasionally bring one of my cameras along on our morning walks to capture something cute or funny that the dogs are doing.

We went to the beach on Saturday and hiking on Sunday - both beautiful, clear and sunny mornings. The scenery was great and the dogs in rare form - even Scooby was particularly animated (until she realized I had the camera pointed at her, of course). I spent a good portion of both of those walks framing and snapping photos.

When I uploaded the pictures last night, I realized that I took 58 pictures. None of me, none of Holly (she prefers to sleep in!) and a couple of David, but the large majority were simply of Scooby, Shadow and Daphne. I take a lot of pictures and I can't think of the last time that I took 58 different shots of anyone else, not even Holly - at least not in one or two outings!

Well, we know that the 2009 David's Dogs calendar will have a lot of great poses - here are a few of them for you to enjoy yourself.

Anyone want to see a picture of a cute dog?

1 comment:

Ebe said...

Nothing wrong with treating pets like family! And that was a fun picture of David with the three dogs - I want to see one of YOU walking all three! :)