Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's Beginning to Sound a Lot Like Christmas

I am a big fan of Christmas - big. I am not that wild about the commercialization that goes along with it and the way that the incessant signs of obligatory gift-giving show up earlier and earlier every year. I am not unique in this stance and will spare you a soapbox diatribe on how we as a society are losing sight of the things that matter most. I will instead focus on the things that make me happy about the season, and certainly Christmas Carols sit high on that list.

I was driving out to visit my parents in Hemet yesterday, listening to the radio as one does when on the road for 2-3 hours. I had been listening to NPR but then lost the station as I got further out into the desert on the 215 freeway. I started trolling around for an interesting station when I chanced upon...Christmas Carols. It was the first time that I have heard any Christmas music this season and it made me very happy to have my old friend Bing crooning to me about his white Christmas dream. Never mind that the weather has been unseasonably warm, the leaves are STILL on the trees and we just had some raging fires a little over a week ago here in Southern California...the Christmas music has begun, so the holiday season must officially be here!

I think that I am going to have to tune to some Christmas music stations until I have had my fill...for this year anyway!

No comments: