Friday, November 21, 2008

You Can't Take it With You

Holly made her acting debut last Friday in her drama class presentation of the scattered (albeit Pulitzer prize-winning) comedy "You Can't Take it With You", however due to some scheduling conflicts I did not witness her stunning performance until this evening. Schnoogs carries dual credits in this play - she is the Stage Manager and also shares the role of Gay Wellington with another student - a cheerleader - who had to travel with the TOHS football team last week and cheer at the playoff game tonight.

Holly's part was naturally pivotal to the entire play - at least as far as I am concerned! She delivered quite the performance and I was complimented by several students and parents alike at what a great job my daughter did at playing a drunken actress. It's true, that Schnnogs did an excellent job and garnered herself quite a few good laughs during her time on stage. Even passed out on the couch with her limbs flailing about as the other members of the cast attempted to 'hide' her, she was pretty funny.

She was so convincing that I teased her I had to make sure that she wasn't method acting!

No comments: