Friday, May 15, 2009

Cereal Eaters

Food is a big deal in the Newton household. Not so much in an obsessed, unhealthy way, more of a true appreciation and enjoyment fashion. Volume is an issue too, as David is a big guy with a big appetite who works outside all day, so he burns it off about as fast as he eats eat (he probably burns it off faster, because he is one S-L-O-W eater, but that is a story of a different nature). Any way you look at it, we get focused on our good eats.

The latest love in the house is cereal. Particularly Honey Graham Oh's. I am not sure what it is about these crunchy, slightly sweet little rings of flavor that gets us all going, but we can burn through a box in a day pretty easily, especially if David has some for breakfast and dessert in the evening.

Tired of going for the Oh's only to find them gone, I made a trip to the grocery store and decided to load up. Holly opened the pantry and saw the boxes all lined up...she laughed out loud because she knew that I was both making a point and reserving myself the promise of at least one baggie of the cereal (I like to eat it at work as a midday snack without milk).

I suppose that this makes us all serial cereal eaters.

1 comment:

Ebe said...

Cereal is the BEST - which is why I don't keep it in the house - it doesn't last more than a day or two!