Monday, May 11, 2009

Text Your Mother

Happy Mother's Day.  We had a nice, quiet celebration around the Newton household, just the way I like it!  

There was an event larger than Mother's Day that occurred on Saturday.  The Schnoogs has been in need of a new phone for a while, so we made the time to trot down to the Sprint store to check out the latest and greatest options, signing up for another 2 years on the contract.

It might be hard to believe, but Holly has never had texting capabilities.  When I first got her the phone 4 1/2 years ago, that was a conscious decision that I made because I did not want to experience the kid who has her nose stuck in her phone all of the time, texting away and ignoring the people and events right in front of her.  A bit controlling, perhaps, but it was the thing that got me in the space to agree to get her a phone before she was in High School.

Since she is on the same plan that I set up for her back in December of 2004, the texting option has never been added on.  Oops.  I would hope that the Schnoogs at 18 can figure out when it is or is not OK to be texting.  Perhaps I should loosen the reigns a bit.  Props to Holly for never complaining or bugging me about it, even if she is the last person in Thousand Oaks to get the feature on her phone.

So, on Saturday we made it official and upgraded her plan to more minutes and texting, bringing her up to speed with the rest of the world and now able to communicate even more efficiently and easily with her family and friends.

Witness the fine communication we had going on Mother's Day!

No comments: